Thursday, May 31, 2012

31 may 2012

This is not a diary that am writing ( if one is to go by the topic am writing on ).... Just was confused as to what I would write about despite numerous topics I have been thinking of writing on..... 1) firstly let me dwell on the recent topic - today's Bharat bandh to protest against the hike in petrol prices....while its tempting to write on the macro part ( the little that I understand of it), I was taken by the very simple observation made by one of the cabbies today - would petrol prices really come down due to this move, he thought it was just a political sham....instead of any reversals, he interestingly said, we got inflation for that one particular day - all to lead a normal daily life. 2) my recent trip to Singapore was hectic , but still something that I enjoyed in some way ( may be I really do enjoy my current job ). Got to meet some bright people from different nationalities - that's possibly the beauty of this small but vibrant city. have little natural resource other than the seafront but they seem to have a visionary leadership. Sometimes think if it's possible to do something in a big country such as India. Find of this trip from there this time was something called bengawan solo cookie - they are good but reminded me more of the butter biscuits of childhood days in salem. 3) I was for a change proud of controlling my anger during the flight back from Singapore to mumbai. The flight attendant first said, there were a lot of veg meal requests , so they had brought only limited egg preparation. Later when the time for meals came I was told , there was no roti ( the main bread for the dinner )! Now they told me people ate off quite a lot...just laughed it off though i was angry. But the chief attendant later came and apologised profusely ( she had remembered me from the trip to Singapore and greeted me when I entered the aircraft ). Don't recall her name but was happy to see that at least she was genuine about the issue. Well seems I am ranting a lot .... Would pause it for tomorrow I guess. Wanted to write about the little that I saw of 'the girl with the dragon tattoo'. it was impressive and had a good plot. ( sad it can't release in India)